With Deep Hospitality
The Christine Center was created in the spirit of simplicity, stillness, and beauty. We receive you with deep hospitality.
You may request a specific hermitage. Please note: In all cases we do our best to accommodate your housing requests however, we cannot guarantee you will receive the hermitage of your choice.
Special Dietary Needs
At the time you make your reservation, let us know any food restrictions. We provide gluten free, vegan, and dairy free diets. If you have severe food allergies we may be unable to accommodate you in the dining room. You are welcome to bring your own food and stay in a modern hermitage with kitchenette.
If you choose accommodations without a refrigerator, you may store a few specialty food items in our dining room refrigerator.
Pets and service animal
- The charge for dogs is $20 per night.
- There is no charge for a service dog– one that is trained for the purpose of assisting a person living with a sensory, mental, or physical disability or accommodating such a disability. You may be required to provide the credentials of a recognized school that trained the animal for this purpose, and you must clean up after your animal and pay for any damage it causes.
- Two of our hermitages are designated for pet owners with a dog–Gabriel and Joy–on a first-come-first-served basis.
- We welcome one dog (up to 50lbs) per designated hermitage.
- In consideration of all guests, dogs are not permitted into the main building, the Siloe bathhouse or the sauna. Please leave your pet safe and comfortable in your hermitage when visiting these buildings.
- When passing other guests on our roads, paths, and trails, dogs are expected to pause quietly at the owner’s side until our guests have passed by.
- For the sake of the contemplative spirit of the Christine Center and the well-being of your pet, do not leave your dog unattended outdoors at any time.
- For their safety, do not hitch your pet to anything outdoors.
- Hermitage furniture is primarily for humans. When you leave your hermitage, please help us prepare for the next guest by cleaning up any pet hair.
- Always leash your pet. It puts everyone at ease and protects your dog from potential mishaps.
- Always clean up and properly dispose of your pet’s solid waste. It helps maintain a beautiful walking experience for all our guests.
We provide all bed linens, blankets, and towels.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes for the appropriate weather (we have a laundry facility for longer stays).
- Cash, checks, or money orders for lodging and meal payments or bookstore purchases. We also accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards.
When you arrive at 3 pm or after, use the silo entrance (right) and check-in at the office.
Coffee, water, hot water, tea, and fresh fruit is always available in our dining room.
Wireless is available in the entire center building and in all hermitages.
The sauna is heated with wood and takes about 40 minutes to heat up. Startup supplies provided.
Green Practices at the Christine Center
We practice composting and recycling to the greatest extent possible. After each meal, a compost pail takes scrapes to the compost bin. Plastic bottles, cans, cardboard, and office paper are all recycled.
We heat the main center with geothermal heating. Our bathhouse, for those with rustic hermitages and for campers, is powered with solar panels. It’s a work in progress with more to come.