Register here. See schedule below.
Barbara Wulf, B.S
Mindfulness can shift our experience, expand our awareness, and open us up to new approaches to life. In this workshop, learn techniques for bringing awareness and balance into your life while cultivating a sense of overall calm. Sessions include Sitting Meditation, Loving Kindness Meditation, Gentle Mindful Movement, Walking Meditation (outside), and Mindful Rest Yoga, a form of deep, restful yogic sleep.
JoAnn is a licensed and accredited (HYL)® Heal Your Life workshop leader and life coach. Louise Hay’s work on loving yourself and using affirmations has made all the difference in creating change and manifesting a new life for JoAnn. JoAnn’s background also includes extensive training from Learning Journeys International Center where she also received certifications as a life master and narrative coach practitioner. Out of this journey of re-writing her life story, she became aware of her heart’s desire to take what she experienced out into the world to inspire others to transform their own lives.
“Giving Voice; Women Sing!”
We are longing to find each other again, to be seen and heard, to remember that we matter to the whole. Singing together is an ancient technology for weaving community. Our ancestors used it to build courage, affirm connection, endure challenge, and foster joy. While most people these days have been told that they can’t sing, it was never actually true. Now we are remembering our birthright to song, and every voice is invited back to the circle. We need each other for this.
Liz will teach simple songs in the aural tradition and we’ll be singing together in no time! Come help us make some beauty and power to feed back to this blessed world in gratitude for our lives. Whether you’ve always loved to sing, you’ve always longed to sing, or you are afraid to sing, you are welcome and needed in the circle of song.
“Then the singing enveloped me. It was furry and resonant, coming from everyone’s very heart. There was no sense of performance or judgment, only that the music was breath and food.”– Anne Lamott
Ocean is a Wisconsin-licensed massage therapist, certified in classic massage, a second-degree Reiki practitioner, La Ho-Chi practitioner, certified accessing inner wisdom counselor, and an ordained ministerial counselor.
Training: Balanced Touch Institute of Massage and Bodywork, Colorado School of Healing Arts, Pathways of Light Spirituality College
Marjorie Huebner has been practicing bodywork and movement in many forms since 1973. She is a Rosen Method bodywork practitioner and Rosen Method Movement teacher. She has been practicing and facilitating authentic movement for many years. She has a private practice in Minneapolis, Minn. Listening to ourselves through our body knowing is often dismissed and can be a valuable resource for living our lives more fully.
An Introduction to Authentic Movement
The basic form of authentic movement is a practice of self-expression through movement, with a witness. Moving our bodies from a place of listening within, provides a way to access something we may not know from the thinking part of ourselves. We will move, witness each other, and share our experiences of moving and witnessing with each other, as desired.
Rosen Method Movement
These unhurried low-impact movements, set to music, promote more ease, a sense of well-being, and enjoyment in moving our bodies. We deepen our awareness of our body, improve flexibility, open the breath, and lubricate our joints. There is a sense of community as we practice movements in a circle, with partners, and lying on the floor. The class was developed by Marion Rosen to prevent physical difficulties and help us age gracefully. And it is fun!
Dawn is the author of “Venerable Women: Transform Ourselves, Transform the World,” master coach, and founder of Venerable Women—a sisterhood, a philosophy, and a movement.
The voice within is always available, offering peace, gentle joy, and loving guidance. This workshop offers an unexpected and effective practice to truly hear the voice of divine guidance supporting us throughout our days—resulting in wholeness and clarity on the path.
• What is venerable?
• Who is venerable?
• Ways women can move away from complacency, hopelessness, and inaction toward greater engagement, authentic hope, and inspired action.
• Women are being called to use their voices, wisdom, and energy to transform our world for good—and now is the time to examine their unique roles.
• Change agents throughout history have moved beyond the status quo and into transformation using courage from within; women are listening to the voice within to choose their path of higher consciousness and service.
• Venerable women live aligned with their highest values, take action with love and compassion, and practice inclusion—committed to manifesting a kind and loving world for all people.
• Learn and embrace the three facets of wholeness—relationship with self, with the divine, and with others.
1. Brief introduction and welcome (5 minutes)
2. Guided meditation: hearing the voice of love (5 minutes)
3. Selection a Venerable Women affirmation card. Going around the circle, each woman says her name, where she is from, and reads her card aloud. She will then answer the question: What guidance does this card hold for my journey? (Depends on number of participants. Allow 25 minutes.)
4. Define venerable and explain who is venerable (5 minutes)
5. Teaching: the three facets of wholeness (20 minutes)
6. Tool/technique from V-attitude #1, how to live empowered using the voice of inner awareness (20 minutes)
7. Depending on size of group, and if time allows, a small group or pair share answering the question, “How can I use my voice as a fully whole and empowered woman?”
8. Closing prayer of gratitude (5 minutes)
Kris Rued-Clark is a freelance writer and editor and a practicing energy therapist with perfect balance energy therapy and traditional usui Reiki. She is also a trained SoulCollage® facilitator who conducts workshops and a monthly open studio session at her home.
Each of us is a woman of many voices – voices speaking through us that may or may not be helpful to us. When we become conscious of them all, we can choose how much they influence us. SoulCollage® works with the language of symbols, dreams, and archetypes to let your inner wisdom bubble up.
Through a simple process of collaging images to cards, SoulCollage® is a gentle way of exploring your life journey – an intuitive process that allows discovery and acceptance of who you are.
SoulCollage® practice is a way to evolve your soul by cutting and pasting images onto a card that symbolizes a particular voice present in your life’s story. As you create space for each inner voice to be heard, you unlock your own wisdom and are transformed by the process.
During this 90-minute session, we will have a very brief introduction to the process of SoulCollage® and then we will make cards using images from magazines that call to us. We will then practice dialoging with the cards using the “I am one who” exercise. By speaking as the image, we allow our own wisdom to bubble up.
You are invited to leave the linear world behind and shift into the realm of imagination and intuition using images and the SoulCollage® process. By creating cards that are unique and personal to you, this creative practice will help you gain access to your own inner wisdom for daily guidance or simply as an avenue of self-expression.