with S. Gabriele Uhlein
$15 per individual session or $60 for the whole three day package
2 sessions per day at 10am and 3pm
October 22-24, 2020
These sessions are an at-home creativity practice for all creatives desiring to jump-start a process of intuitive flow! Suitable for ages 16 and up. No previous art experience is needed.
Together we will be creating from flow for restoration and resilience. Enjoy your natural creativity in a fun and supportive virtual community! In a time when pandemic requires limits, we will practice creative spaciousness and remember how to create from Soul, freely, and without critique or judgment.
Following Nature’s abundant energy, we will give ourselves to the creative process, letting each mark we make be fresh and true. What a joy to create with integrity from pure, creative intuition! We will practice the honoring of soul and develop the capacity to engage in any subsequent creative activity with a heightened awareness of integrity, freedom and vitality.
As an artist, Gabriele has decades of experience in the contemplative practice of mandala-making and has trained in the intuitive painting method of Michele Cassou’s Point Zero. A long-time student of meditation in both Centering Prayer and Vipassana traditions, her art and spirituality sessions integrate a contemplative approach to creativity and intuition and offer a unique opportunity for spiritual insight and deep self-exploration. She is dedicated to recovering the Christian mystical tradition and living heartfully world-present.
Here is a short list of easily found supplies. All you really need is a ready supply of paper and something with which to make marks!
- Large sheets of inexpensive paper are best. Large brown paper bags cut open and trimmed into a rectangle are perfect.
- Also good are pads of newsprint, poster-paper or the plain unprinted back side of gift-wrapping paper.
- If you have it, consider a roll of butcher paper or the parchment paper used for cooking.
- Standard sheets of copier/printer paper or basic construction paper are fine if nothing larger is at hand. These are on the small side for the work we will do. You may wish to tape at least two pieces together to make a larger page.
- Mark-makers: walk around your home and gather up anything you can make marks with: pencils, pens, crayons, markers (the more the merrier…)
- If you are lucky enough to have a set of colored pencils or markers on hand, great! If not, simple ordinary pencils and pens are fine.
- You may have other art supplies on hand. The work we will do is about spontaneous expression. Although you can certainly use pastels, acrylics or oil paints, they tend to be a bit fussier in technique, require special paper, are pricier and can limit immediacy of expression by their association with “frameable” art.
- You will also need a timer of some sort (think smartphone!)
- If you wish, you might also gather some things with which to create a ritual space such as a candle, incense, a flower or a special meaningful object.