with Gabriele Uhlein
3 Saturdays in July, beginning on July 4th
$25 per session
From the natural intelligence of our woodland sanctuary, the Christine Center is offering three on-line Saturday morning sessions to tend the Soul of America. Here at the Christine Center we affirm that the surest path to the more beautiful world of our heart’s desire is the wise action and courageous compassion that arises from depth of soul. What creativity, what new possibilities can emerge now, as we encounter the raw realities of our time and grieve so much injustice and loss? Each on-line session is experiential, and includes meditation, chanting, personal ritual, and depth-conversation. They are offered as a series, but each session is complete. While it is ideal to attend all three, sessions can be attended individually.
We can Breathe! Saturday, July 4, 2020 10:00am – 12noon
- Invoke the wisdom of our personal ancestors and the elders of multiple spiritual traditions.
- Grieve, breathe, and practice blessing without exception – dedicated to George Floyd and all those unable to breathe, no matter the cause.
- Offer an Elder Breath-ritual (a profound “inter-dependence” Independence Day celebration) to make “oxygen” for the world.
We are One! Saturday, July 11, 2020 10:00am – 12noon
- Discover a profound homeopathy in reconnection of body and soul thru heart-presence
- Cultivate a fresh appreciation of nature – in its wildness and possibility
- Collect and design a nature-mandala to honor our incarnation and earth-path.
We are Earth! Saturday, July 18, 2020 10:00am – 12noon
- Explore together a fresh understanding of spiritual maturity and natural intelligence.
- Be initiated into spiritual eldering and maturing in our daily living and spiritual practice.
- Create a personal blessing-bundle ceremony to conclude our Earth-eldering exploration.
Each 2-hour on-line session includes contemplative time alone and together, and a collective ceremony.
You may wish have on hand for all the sessions:
- A shoebox or similar container. We will use the container as the base of a personal altar. You will also need a small cloth or tea towel to drape over it.
- Numerous small meaningful items (small mementos, jewelry, pictures) and/or natural found objects from your own geographic area (such as flowers, acorns, twigs, pebbles…)
- A candle or tealight of any sort and a glass or small bowl of water. Incense is optional.
- A picture or object from a beloved ancestor (personal, familial or from your spiritual tradition…) We will honor it, and display it in our conversation circle for inspiration.
- Bell, drum, rattle or other small portable musical instrument to add to our healing resonance.
- Something wearable, such as a prayer shawl, hat, jewelry or other neck-wear for use during the ceremony time within each session.